Monday, September 8, 2014

Caramel Mustard Roast Pork Loin

When I saw the box that I got from fellow 37 Cooker, Jenny, I knew right away that I wanted to use the Wicked Natural Caramel Mustard Dip. I could imagine dipping pretzels in it, but that wasn't quite enough of a recipe, so I decided to slather it on a pork roast. Twice.

Since I've been playing around with a sous vide machine, I decided to use that to cook the pork, but you could certainly roast your pork with a caramel-mustard topping. Put it on towards the end of cooking, so it doesn't burn.

I twice-cooked the roast - the first time using sous vide, and the second time I cooked in the oven to warm it and brown it.

Caramel Mustard Roast Pork Loin
by Donna

4(ish) pound pork loin
Wicked Natural Caramel & Mustard Dip

Coat the pork loin with a thin slather of the caramel mustard dip, place in a vacuum-sealer bag, then vacuum-seal it.

Place in the sous vide water set for 145°F, and cook for 6 hours. I'm still messing around with cooking times and temperatures to see what works best.

When the time's up, remove it from the sous vide and refrigerate. In theory you don't need to do this - just brown it and serve, but I find that it fits better into my schedule if I cook in two stages.

When you're ready to cook, heat the oven to 375°F, put the roast on a rack on a baking pan, and - from refrigerator temperature - roast for about an hour, slathering it with more caramel & mustard dip after it has cooked for 45 minutes.

If you're cooking straight out of the sous vide, slather it with the mustard caramel sauce and just cook until it's browned - the longer cooking time was required to get it warm after it was refrigerated.

Let the roast rest before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment