Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Green Goodness

I hate peeling garlic! The peel is sticky and I hate it when it sticks to my fingers. However, I love garlic. The more, the better. I have tried peeled garlic in a jar, but you just don’t get that pungent kick that fresh garlic delivers. I have to say, I was leery about trying the Dorot Crushed Garlic. I didn’t think it would deliver that kick that I wanted. However, it did and I loved it. I will now keep it in my freezer, always! The Dorot Crushed Garlic is great in this healthy, easy pasta dish. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


Green Goodness
by Linda Mire
adapted from Chloe's Kitchen Cookbook Orecchiette in No-Cook Spinach Sauce

5 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
8 ounces frozen baby lima beans
4 ounces frozen green peas
1 pound medium-size shell pasta
5 ounces baby spinach
3 cubes Dorot Crushed Garlic
1/4 cup Sciabica Lemon Olive Oil
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Parmesan cheese

Place a large pot of water on to boil. When water is boiling, add green beans, lima beans and peas.
Cook for 5 minutes, then remove vegetables with large slotted spoon into a bowl, set aside.

Bring water back to a boil. Lightly salt the water. Stir in shell pasta and cook until pasta is tender, but firm to bite. Approximately 11-12 minutes. Pour into colander and drain well. 

To make sauce, place spinach, garlic, olive oil, water, sea salt and pepper into a food processor. Blend until smooth.

In large bowl, combine pasta and sauce. Mix well. Fold in cooked vegetables. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Taste and adjust seasoning. Grate Parmesan over the top.

Enjoy!

Note: When my friends at 37 Cooks heard about my dish, they immediately said how good fresh asparagus would be in this dish. I agree and would substitute the green beans with the asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment