Friday, May 31, 2013

Fresh Green Beans Tossed with Olive Oil and Lemon Juice

An old friend of mine gave me this recipe years and years ago.  It's quick, fresh and delicious!  The Sciabica Sevillano Variety Olive Oil added a wonderful, extra special flavor to the beans.

Fresh Green Beans Tossed with Olive Oil and Lemon Juice
by Susan Whempner

16 ounces fresh green beans, washed, dried and left whole
juice of 1 lemon
garlic salt to taste


Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil, set aside.  Steam the green beans until done to your liking (I prefer them a little on the crisper side, so I steamed for about 4-5 minutes).  Place hot green beans in a large bowl, add the lemon juice and olive oil mixture (you'll need to give this a quick whisk again before you add to the beans) and sprinkle in the garlic salt to your taste.  Toss together and serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I'm always looking for ways to spice up green beans. They are one of my favorite veggies but dang, they can be so boring! Doing this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina! This is my favorite way to prepare green beans. I hope you enjoyed this recipe!

    ReplyDelete