Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Donel Bananas




OK, I’ll admit it, I never would have thought of this. It was all my husband’s idea. And what a great idea it is! I used dark chocolate because that’s what I had in my cupboard. Paired with the amazing Warrior Select coffee from Lock-n-Load Java, it makes a treat that’s not too sweet or childish, but just right for a sophisticated palate that can still appreciate some fun and whimsy. Try using milk chocolate for a sweeter, milder flavor. I think this would work well, and may be easier to eat, with banana slices and toothpicks.


Donel Bananas
by Allison Donel

2 ripe bananas, cut in half
6 ounces chocolate
3 Tablespoons brewed Lock-n-Load Java Warrior Select coffee
chopped nuts – optional
4 popsicle sticks, skewers, chopsticks

Melt the chocolate and stir in the coffee. Skewer the banana halves. Roll the bananas in the chocolate sauce.

Top with nuts. Place the bananas on wax paper and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment