Friday, April 19, 2013

Coffee Rubbed Whole Roasted Chicken

I've never actually cooked with coffee before, so when this challenge came up I immediately went to thinking about a simple rub for my favorite protein -- chicken. This is really easy, and the coffee adds a different and wonderful level of flavor.



Coffee Rubbed Whole Roasted Chicken
by Sarah E. Gillespy


1 whole chicken, about 3 1/2 pounds
1 1/2 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/2 Tablespoons Lock-n-Load Java Task Force Zulu - Single Origin Costa Rica coffee
1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt

Pat the chicken dry. Rub the chicken all over with the softened butter, then rub the chicken with the rub. Make sure to get under the skin too! It’s that simple. I did this in the morning and let it sit for a few hours until I baked it in the evening. Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour and 45 minutes. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before you carve.

I have to tell you guys- this simple recipe really does the chicken justice. My fiancé and I truly thought this was the BEST chicken I've ever made! (And I've made a lot of chicken!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment