Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Pumpkin Bread



I knew I had a few recipes from both of my grandmothers, but I never realized how many there actually were until I started on this journey with 37 Cooks. It's been so much fun reacquainting myself with them! Here is my Grandma Spencer's pumpkin bread recipe.

Pumpkin Bread
by Susan Whempner
recipe from my grandmother

3 1/2 cups flour
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 cup canola oil
1 small can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins

Preheat the oven to 325 and spray loaf pans with cooking spray. In a bowl, sift together the flour, spices, baking soda and salt
and set aside. In large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and eggs and then add the oil. Add the pumpkin and the flour/spice mixture. Mix well. Fold in the walnuts and raisins. 

Fill the loaf pans and bake for 40-45 minutes for mini loaves or 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes for larger loaves. Cooking time will vary depending on the temperature of your oven. Makes 6 mini loaves or three regular loaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment