Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Peppery Cottage Cheese & Dill Pollen As Is or As Dip



I love cottage cheese with tons of black pepper. Love it, always have. And I add a pinch of coarse salt as well and wow, I just love it. I added some spinach to the plate and I thought about dill.  So I tried it. Yup! I still love it!

I really wanted to share this with the 37 Cooks' readers. 


Do you have conversations with yourself? I do. And the conversation was something like this:
Me: Is putting a little dill on cottage cheese really a recipe?
Me: No.
Me: It kind of is.
Me: Not really.
Me: I don't care care, I love it! I'm sharing it anyway!

At the last minute, before I shnarfed* it all down, I decided to add it all to the food processor (not the plate, just the contents!), and blend it and serve it with some raw vegetables as a dip. Delicious.




Peppery Cottage Cheese & Dill Pollen As Is or As Dip
by Sandra Simmons

2/3 cup cottage cheese
1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon Marx Foods Dill Pollen
a handful of spinach leaves
assorted fresh vegetables, washed and cut, for dipping

Not everyone loves pepper as much as I do. If you're one of those folks, cut the amount of black pepper in half and you can adjust it after you combine the ingredients.

For As Is:
Mix the first four ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve over fresh spinach.

For As Dip:
Place the first five ingredients in the food processor and run on high until the dip is smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve with veggies.

*Shnarf - don't look it up. I'll tell you right now, it's Swiss for eat like Cookie Monster. It was passed down in my family. You believe me, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment